View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
~Mod-Sphere~ [Disc/interest] 

Post ~Mod-Sphere~ [Disc/interest]
Premise: The world came to the brink of a third world war after the global supply of oil dropped to near non-existent levels, and all the world powers jockeyed for the few remaining drops in the remaining wells. Out of this chaos, the three superpowers of the time, respectively The United States of America, China, and Russia, decided to band together and recreate the forgotten UN as a new global government under the name of the UFN, the United Federation of Nations. The triumvirate of these three countries brought together enough military might that the majority of the world bowed before it. Those countries that did not submit to the global domination of the UFN were quickly stamped out, however there remain pockets of dissent that have somehow managed to band together under a single banner and continue to hold out against the forces brought to bear against them.

The year is 2071, and advances in nano-technology and medicine have allowed for the beginnings of the creation of ameliorated humans. This technology, which relies on a form of biological nanobots called nanites, allow for the augmentation of almost any aspect of the human body. These augments, called biological modifications, have been put into a test phase in which the subjects are the Marines of the military component of the UFN, leading to the creation of Bio-Mod soldiers: frightening chimeras in some case, superhumans in others. Soldiers porting giant wings, others sporting the ability to push through a cement wall as if it were paper, still others jumping more than their height from a standing position, soldiers capable of reading print at ridiculous distances, these are only a few of the most common uses of the newly created technology... However, the technology still has flaws, and each augmentation possible with the usage of Bio-Mod technology comes with an equal and opposite problem with it and as such it is a double edged sword, and the surgery permitting it comes with no small amount of risk.

The Bio-Mod soldiers form an elite group within the UFN military and have been allocated the task of cleaning out the remaining rebel communities.

//
\\
Well that's basically the idea. I have a bunch of blah bity blah about the society, but all that really needs to be known is up there. Another renewable energy source has been found, however it is still not a green energy source. I also have no idea what it is. >> There have not been many other advances in technology. The vast majority of religion has been wiped out, in favour of atheism, or 'new world' religions. Warfare still is fairly close to what it was, though there has been a slight decline in the usage of firearms against other forms of weaponry. Nuclear activity has pretty much ceased. As there is only a small amount of resistance to the UFN, all that remains for it to have complete global control is the elimination of a few key rebel bases.

Hmm.

The players would be taking the role of a squad of Bio-Mod Soldiers. And to clarify: the rebels are NOT innocents, they are not simply activists, or anything of the sort, I refuse to use the word terrorist, 'cause that is just not cool, but they are a military force, and have caused much harm to civilian populaces, and other non-military/governmental personnel, equipment and general stuff.

Whee for sounding like propaganda. I don't like thaaaaat. :cry: :hbang: Euph. Let it be known that I am a fairly active pacifist, and am not meaning for this to parallel today's events in the Middle East, or anything... Just as y'know, a disclaimer, and such... Hmm. :facepalm: :hmmm:
Smiley fest done.

Anyway!
Reactions please?

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:50 pm
Talespinner Webweaver
Talespinner Webweaver

Post Re: ~Mod-Sphere~ [Disc/interest]
Seems to be an interesting story. Not my cup of tea personally, but some of the others might like it.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:08 pm
Profile YIM

'ey-o Mothman. Here following your RP-ing-nes. :ff: :cactuar: . Still workin' on my character as it has... :hmmm:... flaws.

I'll be back in town sometime late tommorow. So I'll talk to you early tomorow before my flight mayhaps.

Peace.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:29 pm

Hmm. Shucks. I'm sorry it doesn't interest you! I kinda wondered, 'cause it didn't fit with the other existing two...
Annnnyway... Maybe I'll come up with something different, :P But we'll see. :)

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:54 pm
Talespinner Webweaver
Talespinner Webweaver

No problems, the Dungeon is open for any style. I'm not big on modern-esque stories personally, but that's just me.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:19 pm
Profile YIM

I actually find it kinda funny, 'cause typically I dislike the modern stuff too, prolly just 'cause it's too close. It was just an idea that popped into my head. Ikev can attest to that one. >> I always laugh at him when he plays CoD or the various other incarnations of it. /chuckles.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:27 am

*Grumbles* :jtc:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]